
Courtney's Baptism was on March 13th. When Courtney had her interview with the Bishop, our Bishop asked her a bunch of questions (of course) about the gospel. When finished he said to her, "you're probably the most prepared 8 year old I've ever interviewed." Courtney knows a lot about the gospel because Jon has been consistent about reading the children's scriptures to our kids every breakfast and dinner.

My mom took the time to arrange 3 of the most popular Baptism songs and played her flute while Grandma Beecher accompanied. I have to say, it was the most AMAZING baptism because of this contribution. Music fills in the room with the Spirit, and it means TONS to us that my mom had taken the time to arrange the music. I love it that my parents and Grandma Beecher make an effort to come out to special events like this. I try to feed them good food whenever they come, because I want them to know we LOVE having them!
My Dad and Grandma Hiatt said the prayers, and Grandpa Hiatt gave a wonderful, personal talk to Courtney about the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Family means so much to us, and we loved having so much support and participation on this special day.
(Thanks, mom, for the beautiful dresses. They were perfect for this day!)
Kami, Courtney & Eve. Eve and Ame came all the way from Utah just for this event. Family means a great deal to us, and since we've made the drive many times we can't thank Ame and Eve enough for coming out to spend only 2 days with us to be here for this event.
Kami, Courtney & Eve. Eve and Ame came all the way from Utah just for this event. Family means a great deal to us, and since we've made the drive many times we can't thank Ame and Eve enough for coming out to spend only 2 days with us to be here for this event.

The camera wouldn't work anytime my dad tried to take a picture. These pictures were taken when the attempts were being made by my dad, but he was to the point of simply pushing the button in frustration, waiting for something to happen. Hence we weren't posed, because it was taking WAY too long, and then wham-o, it would snap. Weird!

The girls thought it was hilarious that whenever I grabbed the camera I could take a picture with it instantly, but when my dad tried, it wouldn't take.
Grandma Hiatt took Courtney shopping on her Birthday for some clothes, on that same day she took her to the Temple and snapped some pictures. Then she framed the best one with the captions, "I love to see the Temple, I'm going there some day" and she gave it to her on this day. What a perfect present. It's now hanging on her wall.

Since her baptism she has been loving "Activity Days". She came home with a list of "Princess" check-list. It included brushing her teeth for 1 minute, flossing, showering and washing your body, and wearing modest clothes. She has taken everything to heart, lapping it up, loving it, and we LOVE watching her grow. We love our Courtney!


Me and Zachy on Courtney's big day.

I love your blog...I love seeing your cute kids! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat picture with the daddy and daughter all in white, always bring tears to my eyes. Congrats!
ReplyDelete