Sunday, September 20, 2009

September Happenin's

Jon & the girls after a delicious sucker.

Courtney on her first day of school. Can we say, "excited"? So three weeks into school and Courtney has informed me she has a "boyfriend". Knowing the innocence of this statement I told her it was fine, as long as she didn't kiss him. She emphatically proclaimed, "Oh, we're waiting for 4th grade to do that!" I figured when she's actually in 4th grade and has a situation demanding me to explain to her why we shouldn't be kissing at that age, then I'll handle the situation, until then I'll let the dream of livin' it up as a 4th grader continue on.



Kami sleeping...don't you just love the special blankey interwoven in her toes? Kami is adjusting to Kindergarten and now I realize just how much like me she is. Preschool last year was fabulous, and I attribute it to many factors, but for her specifically it was important to be in a classroom with few children and a teacher who showed extra special attention towards her. Kindergarten out here isn't exactly high on the totem pole for funding, so we currently have 30 students in her classroom. Given a teacher's aide and it's helpful, but with that many kids the teacher must have tight control, and she does, and there is no emotional or physical proximity to the teacher unless it's a behavior PROBLEM demanding attention. Kami is finally adjusting bit by bit, and we're hoping October will be even better. I am volunteering at least once a week in her classroom.






Zachy loves his sisters!

Zachy's first day eating rice cereal. He loves it! He still isn't sleeping more than 6 or 7 hours consecutively at night, but at least I know we're closer to that! Can't wait to give him green beans soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. How can she sleep with her blanky interwoven like that?? If your girls ever fight over whose turn it is to feed Zachy man, we've got another taker. By the way, what's the boyfriend's name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at your family. Amazing...

    ReplyDelete